Think success

Think success

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Wrap up of #DCSM4T

We've reached the end of our social media class.

To say I might cry would be a bit dramatic...but sadness will ensue.

I have really enjoyed getting to know so many new faces and developing our sense of "connectivism". Now that we have shared this similar experience, I truly hope we can continue this discussion moving forward and bounce new ideas off one another. I have really enjoyed using this class (especially Twitter) as a way to communicate with other educators and build my PLN.

I am not sure how much of what I learned in this class will be taken to my classroom. I would love to experiment with Periscope or Instagram as a way to connect parents to my school/classroom, I just don't want it to be a ton of work for me for just a couple of parents to tune in.

I will continue to use Tiwtter as a way to grow as a professional. Tweetdeck has been huge in separating my "professional" communities of education and coaching from my personal communities of sports news and friends.

In the future, I look forward to using social media as a way to connect with educators around the country as a way to not only expand my PLN but also as a way to show my students that they are part of something much bigger than themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Good working with you too.
    I can understand the area of hesitation in implementing all this in a classroom setting. I do think that the topic should come up a bit in class, at least some ideas about positive footprints.
    Will be looking out for you on tweetdeck.
    Blessings,
    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with your "just a couple of parents..." comment, I have been a big fan of FB and the handful of parents that tune in are so incredibly thankful I do it but that number of parents is slowly dwindling. Time to get in touch with the next generation of parents.

    ReplyDelete